Warehouse Operative/Delivery DriverFull time - Monday to Friday 6.30am to 2.30pm (40hrs/week)
An opportunity exists for a warehouse operative with some delivery driver experience to join our expanding team in Bermondsey.
Primarily assisting the Warehouse Manager with warehouse operations; including goods in, goods out, packing orders, stock control and quality controlling the company’s premium quality fresh produce. You’ll also be required on a regular basis to deliver our produce to some of London’s finest restaurants. You’ll need to be a morning person, enjoy working to tight deadlines and be a fast learner. You’ll be given all the training you need but an interest in good food would be beneficial. Delivering the highest standard of service to customers will be key to you being successful in this role.
Applicants must be reliable, professional, punctual, able to operate in a team environment as well as independently and have no driving disqualifications within the last 5 years.
ABOUT THE WILD ROOM
Launched in 2017, The Wild Room is a wild produce wholesaler supplying top end restaurants with wild mushrooms, truffles and foraged produce. We pride ourselves in supplying some of the finest chefs in the world with the highest quality of produce. Based in Bermondsey, near London Bridge, our offices are a 5 minute walk from Bermondsey underground station.
- Assisting with packing and quality checking all orders
- Checking goods in and out
- Rotating stock
- Grading mushroom stock and working foraged produce
- Delivering premium quality produce to high end London restaurants within specified timelines
- Complying with Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Representing the business in providing exceptional customer service
- Unloading van at the end of the working day and maintaining delivery van to optimum standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to work effectively both within a team environment and on own initiative
Email your CV and cover letter to Zoë Haydon and tell us why you want to join the team.