Sourcing specialist - Raw ingredients and groceryFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1000 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs and some of the world’s top restaurants.
We also engage directly with home cooks in our Natoora stores, concessions and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
A one of a kind opportunity has just arisen for a sourcing specialist to join our team of expert buyers in London to shape the future of food for the better.
Led by flavour and committed to sustainability, you will actively seek out some of the world's most dedicated producers to create a meaningful shift within the food industry. From olive oil to spices, dairy to charcuterie, you will establish genuine, long-term relationships with forward thinking individuals whose products are setting the bar higher than anyone else in their field.
Way more than just a procurement role, you will maintain relationships with the likes of Estate Dairy, Duchess Oil and Original Beans as well as create new, meaningful partnerships that push the boundaries of flavour.
With a minimum of 2 years experience within produce, you will understand the industry at an agricultural and supply chain level and have a deep understanding of consumer trends. Strong communication skills are essential as well as a good team working attitude and lots of energy, drive and commitment to the role. Sourcing trips to farms will be part of this role.
- Develop and implement category strategies for a portfolio of ingredients, using the autonomy provided to add strategic value, establishing processes and management tools
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships with a very collaborative and long-term approach
- Review business processes, including reviewing freight costs in and out and looking at ways of reducing costs whilst maximizing value to the company
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues considering that we work with many small producers that add complexity
- Work with category buyers to develop and execute best in class procurement strategies, teamwork is essential
- Plan visits to the farms that we work with to support and develop the relationship
- Ensure that quality of produce is maintained or improved
- Monitor and report against KPIs
- 2+ years experience on Procurement
- Value honesty and team work
- University degree
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to speak other languages is desirable (Italian, French & Spanish)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 50% off all fruit & vegetables in our stores and our market stall at Spa Terminus.
- A competitive salary, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
- Lunch cooked fresh daily from our radically seasonal produce - as well as Husk & Honey granola, Ice Cream Union ice cream, England Preserves jam, sourdough bread and plenty of fruit to snack on throughout the day.
Send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.