Produce Specialist NYCFull Time
We supply fruit and vegetables to hundreds of restaurants in London. In March 2017 we will be opening a new hub in New York City, working with a wide network of small farms from Maine to Pennsylvania and supplying chefs in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
More than a fresh food supplier, we go to great lengths to source unique varieties of fruit & vegetables selected for their incredible flavor and build close relationships with growers who share our philosophy. Our success depends on both our rigorous focus on logistics and our in-depth knowledge of produce, growing cycles and seasonality.
About the job
We are looking for motivated individuals to work at our warehouse in Bushwick, Brooklyn. We will offer detailed training and experience in the wholesale food industry, such as dealing with local farmers and selecting for the highest quality products. Our Produce Specialist will focus on product management, sorting & selecting some of the best seasonal produce available.
Job Duties and Expectations
- Oversee care and rotation of 100+ lines of produce from radicchio to tomatoes
- Receive and process shipments from a variety of sources
- Accurately pick and prepare orders for client deliveries
- Follow standards for quality control, selecting and sorting items
This position is full time and most shifts are 5am to 2pm but may vary by the need of business. Our operating hours are 3am-6pm, 6 days/week, Monday through Saturday. Shifts will include work in refrigerated environments for extended periods of time.
Please note: The Produce Specialist (warehouse) will work on a variety of tasks beyond their formal duties. While we are looking for someone who already has relevant experience, we want someone who will grow with us. Over 95% of our managers are promoted from within.
Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years food service, grocery and/or warehouse experience
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented under pressure
- Reliability is a must, professional and punctual
- Be able to work both as an individual and as part of a team
In return we offer you a competitive hourly wage and a supportive work environment with opportunity for growth
Email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com using “Produce Specialist” in the subject line and tell us why you want to join the team.