Content Manager NYCFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the food system through the supply of radically seasonal, directly sourced fruit & vegetables.
We have spent over ten years shaping the way the most influential chefs in London cook with our bespoke supply chain focused on real transparency, revolutionary flavour and radical seasonality. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
By working directly with some of the most talented growers in Europe as well as developing our own farming projects, we have created a more sustainable supply chain that extends into 700 restaurants in London every day, proving that small-scale ethical growing practices can challenge industrial monoculture.
We’re now spreading this food revolution in New York, where we currently work with 100 of the city’s most innovative and reputable kitchens and are growing fast.
About the job
We are now looking for a talented Creative Content Manager to build our regional brand presence in New York.
Reporting to the Head of Brand based in the London office, you will be instrumental in the strategic and creative development of all our communications in New York. Responsible for all the content on our revolutionary app, this is an incredibly varied role that would suit a spirited, multidisciplinary creative with a great eye and a willingness to get stuck in.
Organisation skills will be key: you’ll be responsible for developing our local brand identity through copywriting, photography, social media and web management and design - and you must be comfortable juggling these different hats in your day to day.
Working within our tight knit office in Brooklyn, you’ll need to be scrappy, hands-on and able to mediate between our brand goals and the resources available to you on the ground in order to bring our vision to life.
In return you will work in one of the most exciting and innovative companies in our sector, within an open environment and with the potential to deliver significant positive impact to our society.
- Your primary responsibility will be to schedule and deliver content on our revolutionary wholesale app.
- This will involve liaising with our Buying team and our community of growers and then writing daily updates on the app’s Newsfeed.
- You will also research and write a minimum of two weekly in-depth produce articles on a weekly basis.
- You will manage the curation of the product listings on the app and ensure that all content associated to individual products is correct and up to date. Due to the radical seasonality of our range, this will require frequent check-ins to keep the content fresh.
- You will also be responsible taking, editing and uploading all images used in the app, including all product images, and for maintaining and tagging the Natoora NYC photo library in Lightroom.
- Beyond the app, you will create a clear strategy to build our brand presence online. This will involve managing the content for the @natooranyc instagram account, engaging directly with key figures in the food industry on twitter, and updating the website on a quarterly basis.
- Working closely with the Brand team in London, you will assist with marketing activity and brand-building projects in New York: this could range from assisting with event management and handling press requests to researching branded packaging and coordinating the application of van vinyls.
You feel strongly about the need to create a more sustainable food system and have the hands on skills to make change happen.
You also have the following skills:
- An English degree and significant copywriting experience. You have a real affinity for language and communication, with the portfolio to back it up.
- A confident writer, you are a master at distilling complex product information and capturing the details that matter most. This role is more about authenticity and rigour than it is about poetry: accuracy and clarity are essential. You know that fact-checking and proofing are as important as creative wordsmithery.
- Highly organised, you know how to manage a CMS, mediate between different teams and lead in the development and implementation of a strategic content calendar across multiple platforms.
- An experienced DSLR user, you know that there’s more to photography than pressing a button. You are confident in manual mode and can make the most of natural light. You know the process from start to finish and can style, take, edit and upload photos of produce to achieve a consistent look and feel across an entire catalogue. You are in your element using both Lightroom and Photoshop. You have an eye for detail and a knack for composition, and have a portfolio of photos that you’re proud of.
- You have managed several social media accounts in the past, so you know how to build a following, you’ve tried all kinds of content management tools and have a favourite, and know that engagement is more important than chasing Likes. Your own instagram feed has serious personality.
- Graphic design experience (both on Indesign and Illustrator) and an understanding of kitchens, chefs and of their daily challenges are both a plus.
Email your resume, cover letter and creative portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.