Product ManagerFull Time
With a passion for great-tasting food, you will be responsible for managing a range that includes some of the best fruit & vegetables in Europe.
The position requires an interest in market dynamics and competitive behavior you will be working closely with the team on the pricing strategies.
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will administer price and product updates for hundreds of lines that change daily with the seasons. Combining a strong understanding of what makes our produce unique with excellent commercial instincts, you will liaise with both our store managers and our buying team to ensure that our offering is the best it can be.
While a solid grasp of Excel will be crucial, you will also be actively aware of how we source our produce and how our stores operate: this will include taking occasional trips to the night-market in London and abroad to undertake product research and making frequent visits to our stores to get feedback from staff.
Your Experience and skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a retail store environment is preferred but not essential.
- A passion and knowledge of fresh produce, or the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Excel.
- A good communicator and strong administration skills.
- Excellent data analytics and system capability skills including Excel.
- Document pricing procedures and processes.
- Perform financial evaluation to assess pricing action effectiveness.
- Attention to detail.
- Very strong team player - role requires teamwork to provide best results.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders around implications of pricing strategies, often balancing competing interests to gain alignment between parties, while achieving business results and maintaining positive relationships.
- Responsible for in-depth analysis on product lines, competition and market condition.
- Work closely with commercial teams and Global buyers.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
What you can expect
- 50% off all fruit & vegetables in our stores and our market stall at Spa Terminus.
- A competitive salary, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us why you want to join the team.