Head of Product NYCFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs.
We also actively seek to reeducate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
Recently named a Fast Track 100 Company by the Sunday Times, as well as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing companies by the Financial Times, we are expanding quickly across all the regions we operate in. Having successfully launched in US in March of 2017, we are now looking for a Head of Product to run our buying and procurement based in Brooklyn, NY.
Reporting to the NY CEO, you will be instrumental in the development and strategic direction of our sourcing and development of our supply chain. With solid experience in fresh produce, you will have full ownership of the sourcing team.
The US market is one of our key strategic priorities and therefore you will be integral to our success. This role provides a great opportunity for you to develop our unique supply chain across the US, as well as creating links with our European supply chain. Working with our Head of Farm Partnerships you will build on the current farm relationships and set the direction for the future growth of our farm planning, sourcing systems, forecasting, procurement and produce management. Building strong relationships with our Operations and Sales teams will be critical to the role, as will pricing and margins which ensure our financial health.
In return you will work in one of the most exciting and innovative companies in our sector, within an open and creative environment and the potential to deliver significant positive impact to our society. This highly visible role will be instrumental in achieving our purpose: revolutionizing our food system through our commitment to operational excellence and produce flavor.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring highest level of product quality & flavor
- Product pricing and margins – including reporting
- Developing and delivering the strategic direction for the product function
- Development of our supply chain, with emphasis on direct sourcing from farms
- Supplier management to ensure product quality, specifications, packaging, etc. are developed in partnership with them
- Developing a sourcing and purchasing plan on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Credit note requests and supplier payments oversight
- Development of the product offering to include products from both our US and European supply chains
- Set-up of a Produce Management function
Our ideal candidate is incredibly hard working and super passionate about fresh produce, understands the need to be hands on with the product, and the importance of leading by example. You will have solid communication skills, and a great ability to plan, negotiate, and find the balance between long-term investment in our supply chain with the need for sustainable margins. This role requires an extremely hands on approach alongside our Operations team given the early stages of the US business, allowing you to demonstrate true leadership. As such, we will be looking for the following traits in our successful candidate:
- The curiosity to learn, the ability to grow and the leadership to support the team around you
- Several years’ experience in fresh produce, particularly in the local food system
- Experience in managing stock and buying on forecasts
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Experience in building purchase plans
- Ability to work as part of startup team and individually, developing the team in the process
At Natoora we pride ourselves in offering our staff a dynamic and supportive working environment.
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.