Credit ControllerFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the supply of fruit & vegetables and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavours that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
Recently named a Fast Track 100 Company by the Sunday Times, as well as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing companies by the Financial Times, we are expanding quickly across all the regions we operate in. We are now looking for a full time Credit Controller based in Bermondsey, London to support the credit team in the monitoring of payments due, ensuring that collections are made in line with Natoora’s policies and procedures.
This role would suit someone looking to gain practical experience whilst pursuing an accounting designation or someone looking to utilise their debt collection skills and experience who would enjoy the challenge of joining a fast-growing business. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and articulate individual who is hands on, a strong relationship builder and an excellent team player.
Your main duties will include:
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting system
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Ensuring customer pays on time and negotiating repayment plans
- Checking customer’s credit situations regularly, actively chasing and recovering any outstanding debt.
- Resolve all problems for clients, copy invoices, proof of delivery, credit notes and liaise internally to progress any problems that are being handled in any other department.
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet account
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accounts and perform month-end routines
- Send out client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Assist with all other financial tasks as required
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A good head for numbers, knowledge of bookkeeping principles and attention to detail
- Accounting Software: Experience with Sage 50 accounts or other accounting software package would be beneficial
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills: Preparing and producing spreadsheets and using bookkeeping software will be necessary
- Confidentiality: You will know the inner workings of a company's financial documents. Your discretion is key
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to work effectively and independently on own initiative
- Previous credit control and debt collection experience desirable
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.